Thursday, January 3, 2008

Section Three: How Long Does It Take?, page 62

Time and space are different in the spiritual world, and the spiritual world is HERE with us.

page 63

Time delay, or unanswered prayers usually just mean that you’re not ready spiritually for what you want, or that you don’t even really know what you want.

“You didn’t have enough faith. I assure you, even if you had faith as small as a mustard seed you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.” (Matt 17:20)

“But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” (Isa. 40:31)

“Size matters not” - Yoda, Star Wars.

page 64

Visualization is (can be) a form of prayer.
One day I tried visualizing my three-year-old son behaving for me. What this did was it allowed me to get into a good state of mind, because as I was watching him behave nicely in my mind, I felt happy. This happy feeling must have positively affected my son, because he started behaving nicely. If I had been expecting him to continue to misbehave, I would have continued to feel miserable, which he would have seen in my face, and so the downward spiral would have continued. It was a self-fulfilling prophesy that was based on my attitude.

No comments: